Before I start this post, I just want to say that our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by Superstorm Sandy.
NaNo WriMo starts today!
Are you ready?
The first day of November usually hits you in one of two ways.
- Full of excitement you plonk yourself down in front of the page, ready to free all that pent-up energy and get your word count started!
- The overwhelming pressure of 50,000 words completely paralyses you and the ironing, gardening or alphabetising of bookshelves becomes irresistible.
Either way, welcome to November.
This month will be full of highs and lows, times when words come easily and times when they won’t come at all. But you can do it!
Here are three posts I wrote last year to get you in the writing mood.
- 3 Myths About the First Draft – If you’re finding it hard to get your words flowing, this is the post for you! It’s a great reminder that first drafts are written only for you and they must be messy.
- Tips for Those Writing by the Seat of Their Pants – NaNo WriMo is all about writing by the seat of your pants. If you’re not used to your story finding its own path as you write, then have a look at these tips and the related articles. Embrace the random and don’t look back.
- Hit a Snag With Your Story? Why Not Try… – If you get to the point where you don’t know what to write, then try one of Creativity’s suggestions to capture your Creativity’s excitement and attention again.
Congratulations on setting out on this crazy journey. We’re all supporting you. Leave a note below and let us know how you’re going. You can also link through to your NaNo WriMo profile so we can watch your word count grow!