I’m on holiday in Malaysia this week (warming up!) and I’m being very strict with myself. No stress about blogging allowed. So, instead of writing my own post, I’m going to share a list of posts from other people’s blogs which have resonated with me – either by teaching me something important or by continually returning to my mind.
- Cooking Nights with the Old Folks from The Kitchen’s Garden (Cecilia’s blog) – I adore this heartwarming description of Cecilia’s stint as a night nurse at an old age home. I dare you to read it without having tears in your eyes and a grin across your face by the end of it. (Spoiler: I’ll be posting an interview with Cecilia very soon!)
- Exit, Pursued By Bear on Maureen Johnson’s blog – Not only is this an hysterical post about quitting your job, I was so excited to see pictures from Arsenic and Old Lace (one of my all-time favourite movies) included. After reading this I don’t feel so self-consious about my penchant for old movies.
- What to Do With Contradictory Feedback (And 2 Star Reviews) on Jody Hedlund’s blog – I’ve often noticed how a book can get completely contradictory reviews and planned at some point to collect some for show. Now I don’t need to! Jody put together a list of reviews for her latest book which bears this out, making this post a very good reminder for anyone who will receive feedback on their work.
- Say Hello to Your Critic on Charlotte Rains Dixon’s blog – This post helped give a face to my Inner Critic, and then know what to do with him.
- Beautiful People Do Not Just Happen on A Beautiful Ripple Effect (Carolyn Rubenstein’s blog) – It starts with a gorgeous quote and then helps us to learn something about ourselves.
- How Battered Old Paint Pots And Writing Haikus Taught Me To Be More Creative on A Big Creative Yes – Dan Goodwin has a way of perfectly encapsulating creative concepts in word pictures. This is one of my favourites.
Take a moment to click on one of the links above and share your thoughts with the blogger. We all appreciate an extra comment on our writing.
February 11, 2012 at 6:15 am
Thank you so much for sharing the post from A Beautiful Ripple Effect. I’m so happy you enjoyed it and am so grateful for your support!
February 11, 2012 at 8:13 am
You’re very welcome, Carolyn. I love reading your blog and it was hard to choose just one post. In the end I chose the one which always seemed to pop up in conversation.
February 11, 2012 at 6:29 am
Thanks for featuring me, Jessica, I feel honored to have made your list!
February 11, 2012 at 8:15 am
No problem, Charlotte. I wanted to let you all know that your words have impact.