Most bloggers have been looking back over their favourite posts of last year. Because of my blogging hiatus this year, Creativity’s Workshop doesn’t have a full year of posts to look back on.
So we’ve decided to make a list of favourite posts from before the hiatus. If you’re relatively new to Creativity’s Workshop, you may not have come across these posts.
Yes, I did say we. Because Creativity writes in her own voice here, I decided we needed two lists – one from each blogger’s voice. Seeing as our lists got quite long quite quickly, Creativity started her own post which you can read later in the week.
So, without further ado, here are my favourite posts.
- Teaching Your Creativity to Eat Vegetables – I know Creativity wouldn’t choose this post as one of her favourites, but I’ve found the tips very practical. (Hint: It’s actually about working on creative projects, not real vegetables.)
- The Unique Power of Ideas – Sparked by a George Bernard Shaw quote, this post captures my wonder at the concept of ‘ideas’.
- The Good, The Bad and The Critical – A guest post on Charlotte Rains Dixon’s blog, and still one of my favourite pieces of writing.
- Turning Over an Old Leaf – Some examples of how you can discover new things in the familiar and ordinary.
- A Creative View of Others – I often think back on this post, especially the descriptions of depression and language barriers, when I’m interacting with friends and family.
- When Procrastination Isn’t Procrastination – This post made me feel much better about my habits, and helped me learn more about the term Thoughtful Creativeness.
- Viewing Life Through Creativity-Coloured Glasses – A positive spin on a painful point in my life. Reading back over this, I’m pleased and surprised by how well this post came across.
What was your favourite post of the year? It doesn’t have to be from Creativity’s Workshop. You can choose from your own blog or from someone else’s. Share your favourite post in the comments.
Oh, and by the way, while we’re talking about wrapping up a year, I’d like to thank Cecilia G, Charlotte Rains Dixon and Nancy Sima for being the most frequent commenters on this blog. Special thanks for your support and feedback.
P.S. Christina Katz is organising a flash class on January 10th. All you need to do is purchase a copy of her new book The Writer’s Workout and send through the receipt. It looks like it’s going to be great fun!
Pingback: Favourite Posts You May Not Have Read – Creativity’s Picks « Creativity's Workshop
Pingback: Travel Plans (detour) – Beloved Farms